The tenant representation team are experts at negotiating substantial financial savings for occupiers that have upcoming break options or lease expires. By applying both occupational and investment analysis on the impact of extending lease terms, market leading rent free and capital contributions have been secured for our clients.
- Full London and UK wide expertise
- Review of key Head Lease clauses, ensuring all notice periods and review clauses have been considered
- Occupational and investment appraisals undertaken to understand the true value of a lease regear to the Landlord
- Restructure of existing onerous clauses in Head leases to limit future occupational and exit costs
- Creative negotiations to meet client brief of securing the maximum rent free and/or capital contribution
If you are faced with an approaching lease break, or lease expiry, you should have three possible options: renew, restructure or relocate.
If consolidation at your existing property is the preferred option then you will want to extract the best value from your position; in doing so, it is important to do your homework before you finally decide which route to take. With continued uncertainty surrounding the UK economy, and many businesses focussing on driving down operating costs to preserve vital cash flow, your lease triggers are an opportunity to capitalise on changing market conditions and negotiate more attractive terms for your leasehold premises.
BFS provides expertise across a range of disciplines to assess your options and provide you with the best advice between the hypothetical case law and the market reality. The BFS team will help you examine all available options, helping you execute those which will produce the best commercial result for your business.