The property comprises 42,016 sq ft GIA / 33,843 sq ft NIA over basement, ground and 6 upper floors and was originally used as offices and converted into an educational facility for The University of Brighton.
The full height glass lobby provides access to the first floor reception area and library, with the upper floors partitioned into teaching facilities. There is a small auditorium and production studio in the basement. At the rear of the building there is parking for 13 cars to include 2 disabled spaces.
- Prominent location fronting Havelock Road close to the rail and bus station, amenities and waterfront.
- The former office building was converted in 2003 for the University of Brighton and as part of their Hasting’s campus which will be surplus to requirements from September 2019.
- The long leasehold interests are for a term of c.131 years from 6 April 2001 at a peppercorn rent. There are various underleases deriving from the lease of the building.
- The accommodation comprises 3,903.3 sq m (42,016 sq ft) GIA / 3,144.2 sq m (33,843 sq ft) NIA.
- The building has an existing D1 consent and is suitable for continued educational use, other D1 uses or a wide range of alternative uses, subject to planning and necessary consents.
Hastings, one of the five original Cinque Ports established in 1155 to maintain ships for the Crown, is located in East Sussex on England’s south coast. The town is approximately 55 miles south of London, 31 miles south west of Ashford and 16 miles east of Eastbourne. It is connected to the national road network by the A21, linking to J5 of the M25, and the A259 south coast road leading to Brighton to the west and Folkestone to the East.
Hastings rail station offers frequent services to London, either by Southeastern Trains to London Bridge and Charing Cross or by Southern Railway via Ashford to St Pancras International or Victoria. Ashford Station provides access to HS1/Eurostar. Hastings also benefits from an east-west rail service to Eastbourne (30 mins) and Brighton (1 hour 8 minutes). London Gatwick airport is 39 miles to the north and the port of Dover (40 miles) and the Channel Tunnel (36 miles) are to the east. The population of Hastings is approximately 90,000.
Basement Floor - 4,594 sq ft
Ground Entrance Floor - 321 sq ft
First Entrance Floor - 586 sq ft
Second Floor - 10,766 sq ft
Third Floor - 2,972 sq ft
Fourth Floor - 8,108 sq ft
Fifth Floor - 2,874 sq ft
Sixth Floor - 10,749 sq ft
Roof - 1,046 sq ft
The building benefits from:
- 1 x passenger lift serving basement to upper floors and 1x passenger lift serving ground and first floors
- Existing educational fit out to include, library, small theatre and studio facility
- Suspended ceilings with LG7 lighting
- Perimeter trunking
- Male and Female WC’s on alternate floors
- EPC B (Score 53)
- The Bannatyne Spa Hotel
- Premier Inn
- Hastings & St Leonards Golf Club
- Beauport Park Golf Club
- Sedlescombe Golf Club
Restaurants & Retail
- Tesco Extra
- Costa Coffee
- Café Nero
- The Priory Meadow Shopping Centre
- The Jerwood Gallery